Tour Name: Dien Bien Phu
Tour Duration: Fullday
Tour features: Landscape, culture, history
Travelling gears: Casual clothes, sandals, hat, walking shoes
Dates: No fixed departure dates. You may go whenever you wish
Dien Bien Phu was the climactic confrontation of the First
Indochina War (1954) between the French
Union's French Far East Expeditionary Corps and Viet
Minh communist revolutionaries. Dien
Bien Phu which is 500km from Ha Noi is deep in the mountains and is near the
border between Vietnam and Laos. The area
includes deep ravines and up to over 2500m-mountains. Muong Thanh Valley of Dien Bien is the biggest valley in
the northwest of Vietnam,
measures at 20km from north-to-south and over 6km from
To day, most visitors who reach this outpost come for
the history. But along with the old army headquarters, a museum and monuments, Dien Bien Phu offers pristine mountain scenery and
fascinating minority cultures.
8:00 The tour guide
will pick you up by company car at the hotel in Dien Bien Phu or at our company.
Then the tour guide will take you up the
mountain on twisting road to visit the General Giap's Headquarter located
in the primeval forest in Muong Phang commune. On the way, travellers will have
chance to see the beautiful natural scenery with some scattered villages of
Thai, Kho Mu ethnic minority.
Return to the hotel.
Then the tour guide will take you to visit Dien Bien revolutionary martyr cemetery,
Dien Bien Phu
victory museum, the A1 hill-where bitter fighting took
place. Then travellers will continue to visit the bunker of French commander,
general Colonel Christian de Castries.
17:00: Drop off at the hotel
End of services
Price: (....) VND per person (groups of 10 people or more)
* Prices are subject to change. Please contact our company at email@example.com for detailed pricing information.
- All ground transport on tour with AC car
- Meals as indicated
- English-speaking tour guide local
- All entrance and sightseeing fees under the program.
- Domestic Flights
- Airfaires international airport taxes in / out of Vietnam
- The hotel early check-in and late check-out
- All drinks and other meals not mentioned
- Travel insurance
- Visa to Vietnam
- Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, shopping, etc.)
- Others not mentioned in detail.
- Tipping and gratuities are welcome.